1. Purpose of policy
Tetra Health collects personal information from you in a number of different ways. We may collect personal information directly from you or in the course of dealings with you, for example when you:
- Provide personal information to us;
- Apply for a position of employment with us;
- Use our website or services (including via cookies); and
- Contact and correspond with us, for example to ask for information.
The personal information we collect about you may include (but may not be limited to) your name, date and place of birth, contact details, Internet Protocol (IP) address, occupation.
If we are not able to collect information about you we may not be able to provide you with products services and assistance to the extent that they require us to collect, use of disclosed personal information.
3. Use and disclosure
Tetra Health may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. We will also use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected it, where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose.
Other instances when we may use and disclose your personal information include:
- Where you have expressly or impliedly consented to the use or disclosure;
- In confidence, to our advisers
- In confidence, to third parties to improve our services and obtain feedback; and
- Where the use or disclosure if authorised or required by or under an Australian law or court/tribunal order.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- Share your personal information amongst other Tetra Health group entities.
- Share your personal information with our advisors and consultants; and
- With third party service providers we use in conducting our business, subject to confidentiality provisions, as we deem appropriate.
- Some third parties to whom we disclose your information may be located outside Australia.
For example, we may disclose your personal information to external national or overseas facilities in the course of conducting information and data processing, back and scanning or for the purposes of obtaining other services from third parties.
The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances. However, in the course of our ordinary business operations we commonly disclose personal information to third parties located in the following countries:
- The United States of America
- New Zealand
- Selected European Union Countries; and
- The United Kingdom.
4. Information about events, the Website and our services
We may contact you via email, SMS or other means in order to provide you with updated information about the Website, in relation to events or to provide you with other information about our services. If you do not wish to receive any such information, please contact us as set out below.
5. The information we keep about you
You have a right to request access to or correction of your personal information held by us. If you wish to access, correct or update any personal information we may hold about you, please contact us as set out below.
To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you. A fee will not be charged for an access request, but you may be charged the reasonable expense we incur (such as search and copying costs). If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us (in accordance with the Privacy Act), then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
6. Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme
In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of our personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, Tetra Health will investigate and notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable, in accordance with the privacy Act 1988.
7. Complaints process
We will take any privacy complaint seriously. We will aim to resolve any such complaint in a timely and efficient manner, and our target response time is 30 days. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with the relevant information we may require.
We expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian information Commissioner (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia).
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
1300 363 992
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
8. Storage and Security of your personal information
Tetra Health will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold about you secure. However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of the statute. Tetra Health excludes all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
We may store your files in hard copy or electronically in our ordinary IT systems. These may include Australian-based cloud servers or the servers of third parties within Australia.
We implement a range of physical and electronic safety measures to protect the personal information that we hold. Including;
- Mandatory password protection on all computers
- Firewall and antivirus/malware software; and
Staff receive periodic bulletins on security issues, to foster a security aware culture. We also have a regular review program to test the security measures in place and identify where changes may be necessary or desirable.
10. Contact Us
Please direct any privacy issues or queries to Tetra Health Privacy officer at email@example.com